There are many dental insurance plans. To avoid any misunderstandings regarding your dental insurance coverage, we ask that you read your policy carefully and make yourself familiar with not only the benefits but also any limitations therein. Most insurance companies only pay a portion of the dental fees up to a certain annual maximum. Think of it as a coupon towards dental treatment. Dental insurance is much different than medical insurance. There are countless agreements between insurance companies and patients and each contract provides different benefits.
It is the responsibility of the policy holder/subscriber to know and understand their policies and benefits. The customary procedure in handling accounts with or without dental insurance is the same.
On the day your treatment is rendered we request you pay for your services. On specific occasions there may be a financial contract arranged to allow for payment schedule.
Our office we will bill your insurance company for you. The insurance company will reimburse the subscriber directly. We care happy to assist you with any follow up or clarifications the insurance company requires. We submit insurance claims electronically on a daily basis. Turnaround time is typically very short, usually with in 2 weeks.
Here is how we can work together to capture your maximum benefit.
What We Can Do:
- Verification of eligibility of dental benefits
- Preauthorize any major treatment upon the patient’s request for an estimate on coverage for any specific needs.
What You Do:
- Ensure that our office has the most recent insurance information for your specific coverage
- Inform us of any changes in your status including address, employment and student status.
- Call your insurance company regarding your claim status if reimbursement is not received. By law, the insurance company has 30 days to send notification.
If you have any questions about your dental insurance with us, please call our office.